Monday, November 20, 2006

Dancer? Me?

I suspect then that you are one of these extremely well coordinated people that do well in dancing and playing musical instruments?

Ha! Lisa and I went to a dancing class once -- I walked away after five minutes. I'm so horribly uncoordinated it's laughable. It might be simply a matter of practice. But I doubt it. :-)

* * *
After Michigan lost to Ohio State, the computer ranking system still ranks Michigan #2 behind #1 Ohio State. So there's clamoring for a rematch. It'll never happen. My prediction is Ohio State will play either the University of Southern California (USC) or Notre Dame for the championship. OSU will whup-up on either.

* * *
I recall having some root canal work done 3 or so years ago, it went on for about 18 months, it's meant to hurt, so good luck and take care of it.

"It went on for 18 months" -- does that mean you had to go back and back? What went wrong?

"It's meant to hurt" -- what, that root canal surgery is meant to hurt? Or that the pain present prior to getting the root canal is a good sign that a root canal is indicated?

I'm actually not going to have a root canal. The tooth is fractured too extensively. So I'm looking at an extraction and implant. That takes place in a few short hours. I'll update you on the post-operative condition.

* * *
Last night the tooth pain triggered -- I think -- a migraine headache. Oh my goodness ... that was awful. I now have newfound appreciation and sympathy for anyone who suffers from those.

* * *
I have decided that we humans, for some reason, are seeking that feeling of "awe". If that is true, then what could be the reason (if any) that we are seeking this feeling?

I've read and heard that this can be explained this way: we have a natural, built-in need for the presence of God in our lives. But, as you know, we've largely rejected God. But that need for the presence of God -- that sense of awe -- is still there, gnawing at us. So we go in seek of it elsewhere.

Of course, that can't be objectively "proved." But neither can the idea of "awe" or our apparent need to seek it. Ain't the non-scientific things of life grand?

No comments: