Sunday, May 01, 2005

"There is no one you can save that can't be saved"

Marvellous news for you this week my brother. Ok, you still need to get some things sorted, and cut down on the insanely hot burritos and asbestos melting chicken phaal curries, but all things being equal, not a bad result I would say. Thank you Lord.

Now you have two cornerstones to go young man, for completeness we need to see them, from an earlier post you said that #5 and #6 were:

God's Solution: Grace Through Jesus Christ
Our Response: Grateful Surrender


You can at least have a go at them can you not? I'm not telling the world that my bestest buddy quit in the home strait, that's like running the London Marathon, you're in sight of the finishing line and saying "I can't make it, I better go back"!

Thinking along the lines of these two last cornerstones of yours I am somehow reminded that belief in God gives our lives a purpose. Then I became slightly concerned that we may have invented God because we are immature. If you offer an immature schoolchild one bar of chocolate today, or two bars of chocolate tomorrow, the immature child will take the bar today. However the mature child will wait and reap the reward of two bars tomorrow. This is one of standard psychometric tests for maturity invented by people much smarter than I.

Now have we done the same with God? Science may (or may not) uncover why the Universe was created. But this scientific revelation may take a long time in coming. Probably millions of years, if ever and in any case most probably much longer than a human lifespan. As a result of this, have we grabbed today's reward?

I always come back to "it doesn't really matter", as long as your belief gives you something, you don't need to justify it to anyone.

If God created us to have a loving relationship with him then that gives our lives a purpose, that is good enough for me. I can't yet logically reconcile Jesus Christ into the equation (I see a reason for God) but I know that He exists, so I will Believe in Him, pray to him and talk to him.

Thinking about it, one cannot believe in Jesus unless one believes in "sin" can one? Without "sin" there is no purpose for a Messiah. I just realized that.

Right now I have a miserable temperature, sore throat, big time runs! I'm in bed, not eating as it won't stay down and quite annoyed as I had planned to do other things this weekend, tomorrow (Monday) is a UK national holiday. Oh well, the garden weeds will wait. As John Lennon said there is "no where you can be that isn't where you're meant to be".

Current song: "All you need is love" -- The Beatles

No comments: