Monday, May 09, 2005

Only Through The Power of the Spirit

You wrote:
I spent most of my life not believing, as I had no basis to even start my faith and trust in God. I then had an experience that allowed me to ignore logic and reason and have faith. I cannot reconcile the existence of God as described in The Bible with logic or reason at all. When Christians say that the Holy Spirit is necessary for a "conversion" that seems to have a ring of at least relative truth.
I agree with that statement so much, it almost feels as if I wrote it. One can read the Bible all they want ... it may enlighten them, but it'll never convert them on their own. It is only through the power of the Holy Spirit that one can come to saving faith in Christ.

What this does is open up some very challenging questions about faith, evangelism and predestination. Questions I just don't have the energy right now to pose, let alone attempt to tackle. But let us thank Him who chose us to believe! Two of the most unlikely candidates, plucked from the mire.

No comments: