Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Further Study

I am of late enamored by the MP3 series of R.C. Sproul. After your latest set of questions -- and my inability to answer them -- I searched around on the site and found a series titled, "The Providence of God." The description reads:
In this series, R.C. brilliantly shows the wisdom and power of God's rule, clarifying how God can guide all events without initiating human wickedness or destroying human freedom. Six 30 Minute Episodes.
The direct link to the series is:
https://ecom.ligonier.org/ecom/products.asp
?idDept=M&idCategory=&idFamily=PRO01
&title=The%20Providence%20of%20God
I found the headings for each MP3 quite interesting:
  • What is Providence?
  • God Makes it Happen.
  • God or Chance?
  • Is God Responsible for Human Wickedness?
  • What About Human Freedom?
  • If God Knows Our Needs, Why Pray?
I purchased the series and am listening to the first. I'll let you know what I learn from this.
Quote: "The study of providence is one of the most fascinating, important and difficult areas of theology."
I'd agree with that! :-) He cited as an introduction the very things you and I were batting back and forth.

P.S. -- I think you'd like R.C. Sproul ... very logical, very smart.

No comments: