Saturday, March 12, 2005

A seventh stone?

I like your cornerstones of belief and am interested in how you expound upon them, for instance to my unitiated mind, #2 seems to be included in #1.

My personal cornerstones of belief would not be not be complete without a reason for God's apparent irrationality:

7. I must remember that God appears irrational because I do not have all of the necessary information as to why God does and allows what He does. So He can command whole villages to be slaughtered, He can strike down Uzzah in a trice and stay his hand against Ian Huntley as he slaughters two innocent school girls.

I can't concentrate on all the good things about God without considering "the bad things" -- if, even with the bad things I can still believe in Him, then I have a chance. If I ignore the bad things, gloss over them, then am I really taking my belief in Him to my core?

***

I am indeed praying for Eric and Joyce my brother. God already knows what will happen to them, we must pray that the knowledge and peace they desire reaches them. Would they go to Church together and ask God (not a human preacher) for help?

***

I have a lucky result today as I'm taking my daughter to the movies, I'm playing hooky with her from work -- plus it's not even my weekend!!

***

I have two (pretty inconsequential) posts brewing regarding a dream I had of the far flung future, this evening I will post hopefully!

Peace and Grace be with you.

Current song: "Think for a minute" -- Housemartins

Something’s going on, changes is taking place
Children smiling in the street have gone without a trace
This street used to be full, it used to make me smile
And now it seems that everyone is walking single file

And men who bow their heads in shame
That used to hold them high
And those that used to say hello simply pass you by

I always said it could, they never though it would
The people look so pitiful, I’m thinking that it should
And now it’s almost here, now it’s on it’s way
I can’t help saying told you so and have a nice final day

'Cause nothing I could say
Could ever make them see the light
Now apathy is happy that it won without a fight

Think for a minute, stop for a minute

No comments: