Sunday, March 13, 2005

Harry Potter

I've never understood the mortification some have over the "Harry Potter" books. Sure, there's the notion of witchcraft and sorcery. But as you point out, the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy has that as well. Perhaps the fear is that in "Harry Potter," the sorcery aspect is played up as a tool of good when in the right hands (the three main kids). It would seem better to watch the movies with the kids and then talk to them about how the Bible warns against sorcery. But then again, I'm not a parent. :-)

But ... I'm not really sure ... I watched the first Harry Potter movie and thought it rather boring. But then again, I found the three "Lord of the Rings" movies just as boring. I'm not a fan of those kinds of movies. No particular philosophical argument, I just don't care for them.

No comments: