Saturday, March 12, 2005

Live Forever

The Revelation of deep.thought:

In the future I saw many things, such as people living "forever". Humanity has defeated the ageing process. Accidents still kill bodies but the implant recording every moment of the experience of their lives could be recovered and placed into a new body -- the host living on from the moment of "death". The implant could not be destroyed as it lived in another dimension connected to the host in this one through a quantum wormhole. Anyone who ever died will be mourned -- all of us who had to die throughout history are mourned as "those who could not be saved -- due to lack of technological progress".

Now, if my vision should ever come to pass (and make believe that it will for a moment please!) -- what does this mean for Heaven and Hell? And for the soul. (There is no physical evidence for a soul but that does not mean it does exist).

If we lived a really long time, much longer than Adam, Noah or Lazurus ... how would we feel about the comment in your last post? ..

"That said, reconciling a belief in a perfect and Holy God with what we see around us is perhaps the most difficult theological issue we face. I entertain no notion of my understanding it. Rather, I cling tightly to my #3 because the alternatives as seen in my mind are so awful."

With an eternity to view the question of a creator and with no fear of Heaven or Hell -- how would we decide to live? The alternative of not finding the "Absolute Truth", of having faith just for faith's sake seems untenable to me in this situation.

Note: defeating the ageing process is closer than we think, scientists think they will have some method of treating the disease of ageing by the 2020's. It's all linked to finding out how the human genome works. I don't think The Bible refers to this, I may be wrong. I recall somewhere a warning in scripture, something like, "do not try to work out how God's creation is put together" .. I can't find it though, maybe your eidecism (a good word that you won't find in dictionary.com :-) can recall it? (I may be imagining things of course).

Current Song: "Live Forever" - Oasis

Maybe I don’t really want to know how your garden grows
I just want to fly
Lately did you ever feel the pain in the morning rain as it soaks you to the bone?

Maybe I just want to fly, I want to live, don’t want to die
Maybe I just want to breath, maybe I just don’t believe

Maybe you’re the same as me, we see things they’ll never see
You and I are gonna live forever

Maybe I will never be all the things I want to be
But now is not the time to cry, now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me, we see things they’ll never see

You and I are gonna live forever

No comments: