Monday, March 28, 2005

Nobody likes a grass

I’ve had many solitary hours to think on the nature of belief whilst driving up and down motorways and have come to the following ...

My reason tells me that:

1. An omnipotent creator made this Universe
2. Truth is relative to that omnipotent creator

My experience tells me that:

There is a name “Jesus Christ” that I can pray to, and as a result “Jesus Christ” will make changes in my life

I can see no logical reason why the two should be connected, so it comes down to belief – I choose to believe that they are connected in the way that it says so in The Bible. I’m trying to come to terms with the rest of that tome, but it’s difficult -- to my eyes in has the agendas of men all over it.

Interestingly, my experience (as above) tells me that the only way that I (and therefore anyone else) can truly believe is to be touched by Him in some way, some direct intervention. We need to be involved in some way (back to Confucius). So yes, I agree that there is a selection policy, a conference (as in the act of conferring) of a blessing, as you noted in a previous append.

Perhaps the best prayer that we can ever make is that this blessing is given to those whom we love?

Also, any religion can follow my reasoning but not my experience.

- - -

Newspaper articles and (dare I say it!) Bagwellian White Papers are not held up to be inerrant. For some reason there is some odd class of folk that hold The Bible to be so :-)

- - -

I hadn't appreciated that Gibson had recut that movie, but I am glad! Thanks.

- - -

Maybe Judas is not thanked because of the title of this append?

Current Song: "Happy Place" -- The Jesus & Mary Chain

No comments: