Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Gay Deceiver

I saw a picture of the kid who shot 32 and I think it's the latter "detached and numb". Cold. Something went very wrong in that kids life or creation or somewhere. He does look archetypically evil in the shot. Evil does exist doesn't it? Very sad.

+++

+++

Recall our discussion of things supernatural in origin .. well now a mathematician has come up with a theory based on Einstein's equations that is quite neat.

The theory is derived bottom-up rather than top-down (like string theory) so should be more attractive to those of us with a more pratical nature, or from missouri.

He's saying that the Universe might be 6-D and that the two extra dimensions are time-like.

I say, these extra two dimensions are a superb place for Heaven and Hell to exist.

I like the theory - a) there is a trinity involved (space time interacting with the two new dimensions, called twistor spaces - what a great name!) Picture of that here:



b) it's also the same idea as in a Science Fiction book (so must be correct) I read in the mid 80's (around about same time that I read "Enders Game" by Orson Scott Card - the one your missus adores) called "The Number of The Beast" by Robert A. Heinlein. In there two couples travelled around these six axes in a ship called Gay Deceiver - fantastic book - you get the 666 connection?

It must be correct else why else did I read that book? :)

I like it much better than the m-brane 10-D theory that Hawking is associated with, I do so hope it's falsifiable then it has some merit as a scientific theory.

One thing that does annoy me in the article is the following sentance:

"There are also non-spinorial particles, called bosons, such as the photon, graviton, pion, mesons, the W and Z bosons, the Higgs, (if it exists) and so on, which have an integer spin, Sparling explains."

Why does the Higgs boson (which is meant to be the particle mediator for mass) get an "if it exists" whereas the graviton does not? Nobody ever found a graviton and I suspect they won't either. I'm such a fan of General Relativity due to it's beauty (as opposed to Quantum Gravity). I do so hope it's "correct", ouch my prejudices are showing. If the Higgs boson doesn't exist then we humans need to re-invent standard particle theory so my guess is that the Higgs does exist, as standard particle theory has been pretty successful so far.

No comments: