Monday, April 02, 2007

Returning from Vacation

I'm convinced that vacations are no longer restorative. I say that because our model has changed. In the old days one could go on vacation and the work would be delegated to another, or would effectively cease for the duration of the vacation. No more. We have nobody to delegate to. The work input does not stop or slow down. It merely queues up. The stress of going back to work is amplified.

I think the human race is reaching a breaking point. I really, really do.

* * *
Trivia for you -- somewhere back in the mists of my mind I heard an interview with the guy who played guitar on Paul Simon's song "Graceland." He said during rehearsals he got the idea to change to a minor key. I think I have that right ... either minor key or minor chord; I never know which is which. At any rate, if you listen to the guitar on that song, which is subtle, it'll be "minor."

The bass line in that song is awesome. Very tribal.

No comments: