Monday, April 02, 2007

"From Dulles to Dallas"

... and there is the title of your new book/play/film about your Zen like ordeal! Nice touch there flying first class for a bit buddy :) Glad you made it home eventually.

+++

Yes one of the chess fora I frequent often has the same "Jesus is Lord" vs "There is no God" debate - seems to happen every two weeks or so. The usual faces either side of the debate so you know what they are going to say before they say it. The believer will try to rationalise his belief, whilst conveniently forgetting that he is arguing from a non-falsifiable standpoint, and the non-believer will insist that an absence of evidence for something is akin to that something not being there. All very boring zzzzz

+++

I returned to work today after 3 weeks out, but it didn't really feel like a vacation at all, bar illness it's only the second time in my working life I have taken 3 weeks off in one go, the last time in 1992 on a bike tour as previously mentioned. Both very different vacations. One thing I noticed is that I am more stressed by actively being at work, I can feel it ... maybe I should win the lottery and retire?

What did I do with my time off, well read mainly, looked after K, played with her a lot, played some chess, read some more, etc. That'll do me :)

No comments: