Saturday, September 15, 2007

Realization of Limitations

There's a blog I read hosted by a conservative university here in the United States. They allow comments, and on occasion I've been known to weigh in one some issue.

The other day one of the primary posters to the blog commented on something said (or written ... I don't recall) by The Pope. I interpreted it as a rather simple reference to prayer, but based on subsequent commentary by others, including faculty at that university, the Pope's reference was more to some deep and arcane theological concept that's been brewing since the days of Augustine.

I was embarrassed to have misinterpreted it so badly. It displayed my lack of intellectual depth.

Compared to some folks, I am not that well-read a man. I do not possess a keen grasp on philosophical concepts. I can't speak to Hobbes or Locke or whomever.

I am but a simple farm boy, after all. :-)

No comments: