Sunday, September 16, 2007

Foundational Cracks

It's coincidental that you should publish a post on realizing ones limits - I am going through such a stage at the moment. I used to have what seemed to be limitless enthusiasm for any challenge I would set myself - but now that all seems to be gone. The only thing I can use to even semi-motivate myself is fear .. but even that is not really working any more for some reason. The best I can do is "fear of being unable to provide" .. but it's a mere sham. I'm just lazy and I don't know what to do it about it!

I think I have got myself into a cycle of being a single parent (almost) and have neglected to balance this new activity with what I "used" to do. I guess it's coupled to the fact that I think what I do for a living is worthless in the grand scheme of things - so how can I get motivated about it? What happened to that desire to do a good job that I used to have? The desire to help people, it all seems to have evaporated as I just look after me and mine (and me and mine exclusively it would seem) the best I can.

Does a poor farmboy like you have any advice for moi?? :)

+++

I will catch the movie you suggest - into The Breach!

No comments: