Monday, September 17, 2007

Good Advice

Thank you pal. "Do enough to stay employed" ... that is what 90% of us do isn't it? There is nothing special about me so this is what I will endeavor to do!

I'd like to teach science and maths to teenagers I think, ideally, around the 16 - 18 age so they actually might be interested in the subjects as they have decided to stay on at school. Who knows, one of them might go on to discover something worthwhile.

+++

K has known death twice now. First four years ago when she was 6, a 5 year old at her school died of a brain tumor, and now her deputy head has suffered a massive coronary whilst at school and passed away. He was a jolly chap too, I was only talking to him last week.

The whole school has been invited to the funeral and K wants to attend, tomorrow she says she wants to wear black to school as a sign of respect.

+++

Web Services, UDDI, XML, WDSL, SOAP these are all going through my head, CICS Service Flow Feature, Channels and Containers, Business Transaction Services, Rational this, beans etc. What a maze of standards and acronoym soup. Plus "code coverage" .. my next assignment :) Find out how much of the code actually gets tested. I'm waiting for my motivation, I hope it's not like Godot.

No comments: