Tuesday, June 05, 2007

How's the weather?

I've been ignoring you - but not deliberately pal!

Yes we have those dressing up affaires in the UK too, I've never personally been a major fan of that stuff. It's just not my cup of tea. I like to discover new things rather than cherish the old, that has been a problem for me all of my life I think, and a blessing in other ways.

Yes Google are liberals without a doubt, I suspect they don't like to back anything other than a minority cause. Pinkos? :)

+++

E kind of moved in for a while then moved out, then came back, she flits in and out like a teenager. There have been some developments ... a) her mother and her beau have "split up" (why am I not surprised?) and b) the mother has come to realise that she now wants her children back, and is moving back into the area that I live in.

You know a friend in Hursley warned me about a month ago ... "I hope your ex doesn't split up with this fella or she might decide to go looking for her kids".

K is adamant that under no circumstances is she going to live with her mother, and I hope K gets her wish. E on the other hand is delighted. I'm just going to carry on as if all is the same and see what happens. So for me and K it is business as usual, except on Monday nights when E is over and we all go out for a curry - you know, curry, that hot stuff that you used to be able to scoff down !

+++

Other than that I managed to qualify for the final of the freestyle chess tournament (http://www.freewebs.com/freestyle-chess/ see if you can spot my surname) so now I am officially in the top 5 on the "most advanced chess players in the world" list :) To give you an indication of the standard of play in this tournament, the #19 placed player Baadur Jobava is one of the strongest chess Grandmasters in the world and was using his computer to assist him in his games (it's allowed). It's being hailed as the strongest chess tournament ever held, way beyond the level of Fischer, Kasparov or Deep Blue 2, so I'm extremely glad I got lucky. Now to win the final :)

No comments: