Monday, June 25, 2007

Largesse of another kind

Hello my friend. I can imagine what it's like to be in those temperatures you mentionfor maybe a week or two maximum .. I can recall holidays to the sun in my youth .. but to live like that for months is not something I have experience with. Being an ectomorph I generally thrive in the heat though so I think I might like it, at least a little. Tiring though for sure.

Most of my focus is still not work related, having a couple of kids running around does take some energy, and I also spent the weekend in an internet chess tournament (came 2nd again) while the kids went to their mothers house.

+++

Overweight folks, I just don't understand why they take the food (and in the west it is plentiful and easy to get hold these days) and eat too much of it. Some people seem to just want to eat and eat and are not happy until everything that is outside of them is inside of them. I have heard so many excuses from overweight people. I am underweight and I give no excuses, even though I have a genetic condition - I am underweight because I do not consume enough food, period. Even if my metabolism is broken and can only turn say 30% of food into flesh, where a normal ratio might be 50%, this still means all I have to do is eat more. Overweight people consume too much food for their size and do too little exercise. This is not a way I'd like to live personally, whereas I don't care if I am underweight as long as I don't get sick.

Someone who willingly feeds these enormous people of course does them no good, it's a classic example of "spare the rod and spoil the chil" -- the rod in this case being not giving into an overweight persons demand for food.

But the society we live in really does encourage obesity, so it's kind of an acceptable way to be now I think.

+++

There has been much thunder and lightning in the UK recently. My router keeps dying. The end is nigh !

+++

I will try to get your SOA labs sorted out in the next two weeks. I hope you and the missus are thriving in Tucson my friend!

No comments: