Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Sodom (Soddom?)

Las Vegas is a sad indictment of human nature, of the natures of all of us. It's a shame that we weren't made perfect. God could have made us perfect but did not, so Vegas has a reason to be, just like our sinful natures have reason to be, we just don't know what the mystery of it all is.

One possible reason for Vegas is that it greatly saddens people like you at me. I spent one week there and at the end of it I felt like the loneliest soul on the planet, I refuse to go back there. Perhaps Vegas is there to remind us of how good the places we live in are? Take care there Brother.

The pipes thing simple baffles me (pardon the pun).

Hehe I had to laugh at your excellent play on words. But I'm with you, these are probably small men who want to make a loud noise. I'm not so environmentally unfriendly. The key thing is to make sure the car driver sees you and the best way to do that is to make eye contact.

On crash helmets, I was only ever stupid enough to ride without one once and that was in Madrid, Spain in 1992 for an afternoon. I and a friend rode from London to the Olympics in Barcelona and then onto the Exposition that was held that year in Seville. I must admit it felt very liberating, but was very stupid. If people who don't wear crash hats should lose cover then people who smoke (at all) and drink more than the recommended dose should also don't you think? And come to think of it, people who eat too much too and get obesity related diseases. Not an uncommon condition in your land of plenty my friend :-)

Did you get lambasted in the bikers forum?

Books, I will have to check out your 1 and 2. I have 3 on your recommendation and it's marvellous. Thanks!

No comments: