Wednesday, March 15, 2006

An Historic Achievement

deep.thought ... you've outdone yourself. That is too funny. I remember watching that movie and thinking, "Gee, I wish I could spend a little time on that to see what they have there." And now here it is.

It's a fine piece of work -- yours and theirs.

Let me ask you ... would you agree that any given rock band might be represented as moving through that progression? Or even be located in several different spots at the same time? For example, the Beatles started out as a purely pop band -- simple, catchy tunes. But by the time the White Album came around, they were into what I'd think could be termed "Progressive." Certainly for their time. The same for The Who. They started out doing basic pop numbers, but morphed into more of a "Hard Rock" band, and then started to drift towards more of what Pete Townsend does now, only solo.

Is there any category unrepresented on that chart?

No comments: