Sunday, March 19, 2006

Additional Insight

Thank you for your prayers. I wasn't that close to Dennis (who died), but I'm close to Doug his brother. He owns the cottage just below mine up on the island in Canada.

* * *
I was reaching for an expression of something deeper than emotions. The words in the Bible serve not only to instruct on our human level, but also to be used as a vehicle for additional insights as part of the ministry of the Holy Spirit. There have been many times where, when reading Scripture carefully, I had an awareness of a deeper understanding of something. It wasn't like a startling revelation; rather it was as if a connection was made at some level beyond words.

This, incidentally, is one of the reasons why the Christian faith can't be fully understood simply with words. A good portion of it can, but the truly effective understanding that occurs is due to God himself. That's the case for you, that's the case for me. And it's a life-long process.

* * *
I sit in Tucson airport waiting to depart for G'burg. I am flying first class -- I didn't request first class; American Airlines decided that I was due it, I guess, given my status with them. Well ... okay and thank you! But there's the thing ... the newest version of the TEA application flags it as an exception. (It can "see" the class of the ticket.) The ticket is "lowest fare within policy," so I'm not outside that set of parameters. But I still have to satisfy the needs/wants/demands of the TEA application. So now I have to justify why I'm flying first class. And my TEA will be flagged as an "exception."

It's a small thing ... and it pales in comparison to dealing with the loss of a brother or son.

No comments: