Monday, April 17, 2006

No concern

Such a God should have no concern with you or me individually.

But he does.

Hmm, that attribute of God is a double-edged sword.

Let's be clear - although our God is a patient God He is not infinitely so. If we don't come to Him within our lifetime on Earth then we are bound to be thrown into Hell.

I am sure many would prefer it if God would indeed have no concern for them whatsoever, so that (following death) they could return to whence they came from. This holds much appeal (I don't have issues with any of the days that this Universe existed before my birth) - but I am told that this is not how things work so I must take note and beware.

The fact that God gave us life so He can choose whatever He wants to do with us rankles with our modern way of thinking of parenthood.

Safer just to buckle down and follow the rules and earnestly try not to sin. Who knows, we might even enjoy a better life for doing so?

No comments: