Monday, April 17, 2006

The Da Vinci Code

If you've read one Dan Brown book then you've read 'em all.

I did enjoy the first Dan Brown book I read, which was The Da Vinci Code, then I read two others of his and they were pretty much the same. Furthermore they all appear to have been written with the cinema in mind, you know - the George Lucas screenplay - the exploited trick of three plots all going on at once that all come together at the end. So I don't read Dan Brown books anymore.

Having said that I will sponsor this particular movie as part of it was filmed in my village in the UK (Tom Hanks has looong hair) and I want to see if my house is in it :-)

Ruth Kelly, a UK politician tipped to be Prime Minister one day is a member of the Catholic Sect Opus Dei. I don't agree with many of Ms Kelly's policies towards child education either. I would rather she lived in some other country truth be told. No that's not fair on the other country :-)

PS. I wonder if she wears a cilice?

No comments: