Friday, January 21, 2005

Jesus' new covenant in the New Testament

The Biblical canon, which I believe has the hand of man all over it, reports that Jesus gave us a New Covenant (as compared to the Old Covenant given to Moses):

In Matthew 22

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.


my suggestion of a way to a better world (and I know that you believe the world is corrupt and could be a lot better :-) is this:

1. Treat others as you wish to be treated
2. Love the Creator of the Universe

I will explain my reasoning ... if Osama had been following the commandments in the order I suggest above then 9/11 could not have happened. An event such as 9/11 can only happen when you reverse the order, when you put your God first - then all sorts of things can be justified from that premise "In The Name Of God (or Allah)". If your God tells you to avoid treating others as you wish to be treated then I suggest that it is not God telling you what do to ... no matter what reward is promised you for doing so. (Clearly this does not work if you are a masochist!)

No comments: