Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Without Prejudice

"Pride & Prejudice" - I honestly think that I'm incapable of appreciating this type of work. I lack the understanding of social aires and graces. I am pretty analytical and left brain oriented, when I see that stuff I think a) it's for girls and b) I cannot understand it. But I will revisit it now that I know that you are so appreciative of the Firth D'Arcy and see if I can glean the subtle interplay between the characters.

I followed your route on the bike, Google Earth is quite amazing in that you can literally fly along said route one mile off of the ground, glancing left and right to appreciate the scenery. Although it did look pretty barren, kind of like what I imagine Mars to be ! Nice trip.

My ex-wife, the mother of my child is getting madder. She screams at me and our child jumps into my arms and cries because mummy is shouting at daddy. She's going to lose her kids one day - so sad. It's true that we make our beds and then we have to lie in them. I think her current state is partly because she is under pressure from her mother's illness. The latest is that her mother will be discharged from hospital to go and live with Alice (the ex) - in return for her mother buying them a bigger house to live in. I thought this might have been a great idea, but it turns out that neither of the children want this, as (broke) Tony (Alice's beau) is moving in also. The girls really don't like him. I watch with a mild detachment and try to keep my daughter sane. Thanks for your previous advice on this one pal :-)

Candlemass at Church today - my daughters last at that school, I was impressed by the singing from the congregation - some very good voices "belting it out". All Saints Church looked much smaller somehow.

Religion is good for your health - I read an article recently that said it had supporting evidence for this. Something in the lowering of cortisol levels through giving up worrying, and putting your trust in a deity. This has a correct ring to it.

Attractiveness and youth. I used to sit next to a guy at work - a silver haired "older" chap in his late fifties. He told me he felt like he was still 25 inside, it was just the mirror that had it wrong. The occasional works outing that ending up in an evening pub session, he was always hitting on much younger girls. I don't think he had much "luck". He was also married to a much younger lady. It's a commonly held belief that women are attracted to power and money- so during your rescue you could have used this to up your "attractive guy" quotient. Alternatively you could have rode off as soon as you realized that you were not in the running :-) Ah growing old, it's so natural. Let's hope we can do it, growing old is also a privilege. A marvellous thing you did to help said damsel anyway, bikers are such helpful folk I found that out from my years on two wheels. A very healthy community in general.

PS. I was under the belief that "ton up" was some UK expression for achieving the speed of 100 mph on a motorcyle, but I guess 100 miles in distance is just as good :-)

PPS. If you've ever been to court you may know the significance of the title of this append beyond aforementioned Darcy.

No comments: