Friday, February 03, 2006

Being There

Thanks for your advice pal, I just need to relax and put my trust in The Lord, and keep smiling of course - for my daughter :-)

Your description of walking on eggshells sounds like a nightmare. How many other children have to suffer these situations in silence, young children like you and my daughter who don't really have the emotional equipment to deal with the situation they find themselves in. The situation when the object of their trust is so -- unpredictable? Horrible. Adults fair enough I suppose, but children. Repercussions. Respice Finem.

I was thinking about the "Christians" who are boastful, arrogant, know-it-all and downright unpleasant, and how when I am exposed to them I feel further away from God. Now I am thinking along new lines. Here is my line of thinking ...

Satan is real (look if you sign up to The Bible you have to believe Satan exists)
Demons are real (same reason - note: also Angels are real)
Demons might walk the Earth in human form doing Satan's bidding (possible?)
The soul is real
Satan wants souls
Satan is getting all non-Christian souls by default
Satan wants _more_ souls
Satan is not going to get Christian souls as they are for God
What does Satan do?
Satan tries to make Christians turn away from Christianity by placing demons on Earth that pretend to be Christians. These Christians on the face of it do all the "right" things. They know their scripture well, they go to Church, they tithe, etc etc. But they show their true colours. They are extremely unpleasant characters. They hate a lot - they let their natures come out sometimes. If they are following the new covenant then they must hate themselves (ie. love your neighbour as you love yourself). Perhaps they are demons?

Am I being totally unrealistic and just looking for something that will allow me to dislike these people and still feel that I am keeping to the New Covenant? This sounds like the paranoid rantings of a mad man does it not? Demons abroad, lol. But is it happening? I don't really believe so, but if the world is like The Bible says it is - then it is possible. Satan must be attacking Christians, trying to turn them away at any and all opportunities - and what better way to do this than with a mole?

This new line of though allows me to say to these people "Get thee behind me Satan" and dismiss them. Is it ok to do that, it must be for they are merely demonic spawn of hell.

This line of thinking is not good I would suggest :-) But it seems quite Biblical. Question: Did Jesus pity Satan and love him? Are there any references for Jesus doing that (that you know of)?

Maybe this line of thinking is dangerous because maybe these people are not demons, maybe they are just people who followed my above line of reasoning and that allows them to hate, because they believe that they are hating demons? Maybe this is how the wagers of Jihad sleep at night?

Confused. Can you tell? :-)

No comments: